9 Most Important Innovation Strategies and How Your Company Can Use Them
Sign up now for Sep class
LIVE COURSE LAUNCHING SEPTEMBER 18TH, 2017 --- Organizations say that innovation is important, and that they value the ideas of their people. In fact, creativity is becoming a core skill which companies know they need in the future.
- you can reduce the risk of failure
- improve the success rate of new ideas
- build an organization which is more resilient to change
- improve your ability to grow
Many IDEAL U courses are taught live for 1-2 days per week for 2-3 weeks. This provides a more engaging online course environment than most video lecture, downloadable content, and discussion board formats. We also find that students leave having connected with other colleagues in their fields.
This monthly subscriber service offers an ongoing connection the instructors, experts and guest lecturers.
I serve as entrepreneurship faculty and the coordinator of a 2-year degree program at BMCC, teach at the Fashion Institute of Technology, and teach MBA students at Fordham University. I am also focused on a PhD in innovation & entrepreneurship.
I have been a training, HR, and innovation strategist for organizations like HP, Best Buy & Microsoft.
I've worn many hats in my career—college faculty, chief technology officer, TV host for a sustainability show, innovation manager, HR executive, and nonprofit founder. As a result, I have a unique ability to manage projects and to navigate complex challenges. But actual experience has taught me that my professional value boils down to the following:
- l've been helping companies and nonprofits think about how to use technology to achieve their goals since the WWW started.
- l am a multi-linguist of innovation driven people systems. I speak fluent geek, marketer, designer, trainer, salesperson, and difficult client.
- l don't care who gets credit. I just want a win-win situation.
- If my left and right brain were hands, I'd be ambidextrous.
- I'm the calm one.
- l run toward fires. Sometimes with marshmallows and chocolate.
I've also lived in the four corners of the US, Sweden, Lithuania, Spain, and Italy including a 30-day stint meditating on the edge of Tuscany.
Twitter @shanesnipes and Instagram/Facebook @shane1snipes